August 18, 2009

I have an excess of mica flake from the sculpture I made a month ago (about 100 pounds of it!) and I've been trying to figure out what to do with all of it. I figured I'd try and sell some of it on etsy as supplies for craft projects and whatnot. So here's what I did to make it more attractive...a little bit of baker's twine and some fabric go a long way folks!









Also, wouldn't these jars of mica be so cute to give to guests to throw (not the jars but the mica inside)† as the bride and groom leave for the honeymoon? Mica is totally natural and easy to clean up and it's just so so pretty in the sun or under lights! I thought so.

2 comments:

  1. SO cute! Hmmm, what could I use mica flake for...? How did you make those flowers? I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness becca, YOU above all people could use mica flake for all the adorable things you make! and the flowers are so so simple. i basically just cut out circles of fabric and hand sew two together then continue pinching the fabric in half until you have a full looking bunch. it sounds a lot more complicated than it is. maybe i should make a tutorial, or maybe you could find one online. glad you like 'em though!

    ReplyDelete