July 30, 2009

A Nook and A Good Book, Please.

lately, I've realized how much I've been able to read now that I'm out of school - read books other than textbooks and required reading, that is. In our old apartment in Berkeley we had a little reading nook that quickly became the cats domain - a.k.a. hair central - and no matter how much I vaccummed and shooed them away, they always returned, leaving my cozy reading nook not so desirable. Now that we're in Petaluma, I have yet to find a nook I like better than my bed. It's so very warm and cozy reading in our bed but I constantly find myself falling asleep halfway through a sentence. Alas, I went on an inspiring search on flickr to find the perfect reading nook that I can one day recreate. Here are a few lovely ones that I wouldn't mind cozying up to.


And speaking of reading, I thought I'd share a list of books I've recently read and definitely recommend.

The links I gave for the books are from amazon.com and Logos, my favorite bookshop in Santa Cruz. If you're in the Santa Cruz area, you should stop in at Bookshop Santa Cruz as well. Charming little place indeed. And if you're in Petaluma, you should go to Copperfield's - best local bookstore in town.

Last but not least, what are you reading and what do you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment