June 24, 2009

Our Little Garden

After living in Berkeley - the urban part - Michael and I have been craving to get our hands into the dirt and grow our own food. We lived in a tiny apartment where we weren't allowed atop the roof, thus leaving us nowhere to put planter boxes (not even the ones that hang out the window). Michael and I dream of having our own winery and farm yet we have not had the opportunity to really try our hand at it (except for the tiny gardens that we helped our mother's tend as kiddo's). Anyway, since we are hangin' out here at my parents house while we are transitioning into new jobs and a new place to live, we figured it would be a great place to experiment with gardening. My parents were kind enough to let us use one of the large planter beds in their backyard for our very own little veggie patch. Here's a few pictures of the garden and the better looking plants in it.











I was reading one of my favorite blogs today and I saw this adorable porcelain garden stake set from Pigeon Toe Ceramics. I couldn't help but wish I had these for my garden. The set only includes lavender, cilantro, parsley, catnip, rosemary, sage, oregano, thyme, and basil - all things that I'm basically not growing but I want them anyways.


Here's a few pictures from the Pigeon Toe Ceramics website.





4 comments:

  1. you adorable farmers you. someday you'll have that farm, tons of gardens, fruit trees, vineyards and sweet little animals...and maybe even a couple friends doing jigs in the barn at night! ha. love you. (miss you already!) p.s. got my "we moved" in the mail. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awh, yay! come to california!!!! we miss you over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. arrrrgh. just took pictures of MY new garden to post. i swear, i'm not copying you. haha.... danny built me a little planter box, and my plants are teensy tiny! oh, i have other news for you too... :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I have to have them!!!!

    ReplyDelete