June 22, 2009

Finally Graduated...Finally Posting on Plumb!

I felt that this post was an appropriate one to start off this blog in that it kind of captures exactly where I'm at in my life right now. I've finally graduated college, and I am still thrilled when I get to make crafty things and send them to all of kingdom come. Here are the graduation announcements that I made and sent last month. I bought the card stock at PaperSource, and I got the cute little cotton bags here.

Something that I love to do to make an interesting invitation, announcement, card, etc., is to add multiple textural and visual elements. In the case of these announcements, I incorporated two different shaped cards, a photograph, a soft cotton bag with cotton thread, shimmery ribbon, and a safety pin. I also included printed text and hand written text as well as a couple different fonts.





4 comments:

  1. loverly loverly. wish i could have been there! silly silly tennessee. Congratulations all the same! you're all growed up. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, mer! these were very very fun to get in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I love your new blog! :) Another one for my list! Congrats on the graduating too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awh, thanks Becca. You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete